Friday 11 January 2013

Planning

I started a mindmap titled "Escape". It grew into two mindmaps, with the extracted information coming under the title of Australia.

As an aside, I always cringe when I have to tell someone I am Australian. I automatically start thinking of this Monty Python sketch. "Awstraya! Awstraya! Awstraya!"

In the Australia mindmap, shown below, I had to consider all the things that needed to be organised or planned prior to leaving, as well as anything that needed to be maintained or managed while I was away for Australian activities, such as storage of my gear while I am away and financial management.

Things related to Australia and pre-departure
The Explore mindmap, shown below, starts to create an itinerary as well as required kit, transport, accommodation, and telecommunication requirements. It defines personal protective equipment, like first aid kits, and phases of the exploration, providing for a return to Singapore if there is no passage West from Pakistan.
 
Things related to the trip (escape) itself
I won't bore you with too many of the details. I can always write a book to do that.

The decision made to progress with the plan for a motorcycle tour of South East Asia and beyond made in the early days of the 2013 New Year looks to be quite an effort of planning and management. I upgraded my motorcycle skills and completed an entry-level English as a Foreign Language course. I have been completing dental work to ensure nothing comes loose during the expedition as well as enduring a punishing immunisation regime.

My 132 tabs of Malaria medication arrived today, which I picked up with my Typhoid pills. While I wasn't looking I was jabbed for innoculations of Japanese Encephelitis and Hepatitis A and B. Still to come are the Rabies, Polio, and more. It all makes sense that I need a passport for my body, my bike, and my immune system.

Me riding back from Big Day Out 2011 (Honda CBR 250RR 1996)
I have been investigating different motorcycle options currently with a default position that I will take my Honda CBR 250RR 1996. The TeamMoto Enoggera guys have a really nice motorcycle there that looks like it will do exactly what I need it to do, a BMW GS650 G with some additional modifications. A friend suggested I should investigate sponsorship opportunities before I leave. Perhaps they will be interested.

I have my trip to the Foreign Missions on Monday to secure land border entry visas (with motorcycle) for a number of countries. More updates then.

No comments:

Post a Comment