Sunday 3 February 2013

Reality Bites - Stage One Planned Route

Stage one has been redefined in light of reality and because I would really like to take some time in the countries to learn more about it and find all the good stories. The first stage is 120 nights between a Singapore arrival on January 28 and a Singapore departure on May 27. If things in my personal situation change, then I will reconsider.

The primary reason to stay in Singapore is to sort out the motorcycle and I may need to return to get the bike fixed or for any required servicing. If we assume the bike will be a sturdy companion, then I intend to follow this itinerary:
  • 1 week in Singapore
  • 2 weeks in West Malaysia
  • 2 weeks in South Thailand
  • 2 weeks in Cambodia
  • 2 weeks in Vietnam
  • 2 weeks in Laos
  • 1 week in Thailand
  • 2 weeks in Myanmar
  • 1 week in Thailand
  • 1 week in Malaysia
  • 1 week in Singapore
If I am able to secure a source of income, I will extend the tour west, but I would need to extend or modify a variety of my implemented plans, including insurance, motorcycle carnet, and visas. My ultimate goal of getting to Glasgow is still there, but as I sit here cooling my heels, reality seems to settle like a fog.

Given that I have been waiting in Singapore now for the motorcycle to arrive for almost a week, I am pretty sure these timings will change. However, I am really hoping that I will be able to get across the border before Chinese New Year celebrations start on February 9.

QANTAS have given me an arrival date for the motorcycle of Tuesday afternoon and I am hoping to get myself sorted for a departure on Thursday across the border.

No comments:

Post a Comment